His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Sunday, January 7, 2018




Yep, 2018 is finally here!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Let's make this our year and do some amazing things, agreed?

I don't know what happened to the month of December!! I know I was busying stitching and enjoying the holiday celebrations. First some pictures of our decorations.
Then at night when the lights are on....





Well, as much as I love decorating for Christmas, tomorrow it all gets put away! Hubby already took advantage of our low snowfall this year, and removed all of the outdoor decorations.

 That's not all I accomplished in the month. First, the 18th was our 35th wedding anniversary, so I made my husband a special gift. His mother has been in heaven for 20 years now, so I took some of her fabric, didn't know she was a crazy quilter till after she had passed away! Then I embellished four blocks with some favorite pictures...needless to say, he loved it and had some tears!

Celebrating Mom in Heaven for 20 years; Sandy and I being married for 35 years; and I have been crazy quilting for 20 years!!!
Sandy graduating from college.
Mom playing with a string and Sissy, our deaf cat, who lived till age 17.
We toasted mom's life after the funeral at the Tony's Fish Market on the Beach. When we were back for Sandy's 50th reunion in September we stopped by again, just to get a picture of the setting sun!  












Front of his gift, with all four blocks sewn together. I used her fabrics again for the backing, did each block individually and then sewn together.
 
Needless to say, he loves it!

Now, it's time to see how my Gospel in the Stars quilt is coming along. As some of you know I am doing this with Sharon Boggon's 2020 Crazy Quilt Challenge!

Each one of the squares have now been backed individually, and will be sewn together. Here are pictures of the constellations and their backs... starting with Virgo...

Libra...

Scorpio...

Sagittarius...

Capricorn...

Aquarius...

Pisces...


Aires...

Taurus...

Gemini...

Cancer...

Last, but not least, Leo...

Then the four corners...first one is called Creation Day 4...


 Next I call Treasures...

Next, on the lower left, is Prince of Peace...

And last corner...God's Glory...


Now this puts me a little over 800 on my count...so I had to keep going! Since there are  48 constellations, 3 for each of the original 12, I knew I could add more...
Virgo, is stitched but not yet backed..
then Libra has been stitched...
Scorpio is also stitched..
And as you can see, they cross the whole top, with Sagittarius and Capricorn coming down the side...The center keeps evolving...these are paper patterns laid out for contemplation.
Well, I am at the point that I will continue making the blocks to go around the quilt again. Not sure of exact count, but am sure over 1000. I have it written down, just haven't added it all up. I will before I start the center, because it will become critical by that time!! 
Thanks for following on my journey. I hope it blesses you as much as this project is blessing me!!
Happy Stitching!






4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy! I love both your projects but I suspect the gift for your husband has the most meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete